- Published by Fairchild Camera and Instrument Corp.
- Developed by Fairchild Camera and Instrument Corp.
- Released: 1976
- Platform: Channel F
Racing games on this machine? How is that working out?
Pretty, pretty good.Drag Race is actually amazing. While all the other games come down to “Press Button to Win”, this one really takes skill. There are four different modes (slow cars to fast cars) and you have to follow a few rules to finish a race:
- Start uo your engine. Don’t overdo it or your car blows up, but also don’t underdo or your stalls.
- Go as fast as possible and change gears at the right time.
- Drive trough the finish line in highest gear without wrecking your car.
Sounds easy, but takes some time master. The graphics are nice, there is actually sound and you will have some fun trying to beat your own record (or your friend). Good game (7 out of 10 if you need a score) and better than Desert Fox or Space War (Yes i said it, you Channel F-aficionados).
Since I still suck at this game (controlling with keyboard is clunky) I will share this vid by vghchannel who is quite good at explaining the game: